In addition to real estate transactions, Mr. White advises businesses on the formation and operation of their business entities. Representative corporate and business matters include:
- Counsel to sponsors of real estate private placement investments, including the formation of management and investor entities as well as preparation of offering documents, private placement memoranda, operating and limited partnership agreements, tenant in common documents, purchase agreements, loan documents and SEC compliance. Placements have ranged from $250,000 to $2,000,000,000.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Outside general counsel to national franchise company built from five locations to over 350 locations (and counting).
- Outside general counsel to sportswear company from start-up to over $15 million in annual sales with a focus on funding, including seed convertible debt, equity, crowdfunding, reg A+ and OTC offerings.
- Company counsel and advisory board member to blockchain real estate data startup venture.
- Formation of business entities, including, limited liability companies, corporations, s-corporations, professional corporations, series limited liability companies, self-directed IRA and 401k limited liability companies, business trusts (Delaware Statutory Trusts and non-statutory trusts) and all forms of partnerships and joint ventures.
- Start-up company counsel for equity financing in seed rounds, series rounds and public offerings (including crowd funding platforms).
- Counsel to professional athletes in their off-field dealings, such as negotiation of television talent agreements, sponsorship engagements and other private investments.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. White worked in the professional sports industry for the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Association of Volleyball Professionals. In addition, he has founded a start-up clothing company and a start-up computer accessory company.
Recognitions and Accolades
- San Diego Super Lawyers Magazine: “Super Lawyer” (2017-2020)
- San Diego Daily Transcript: Top Attorney, Real Estate Transactional (multiple years)
- San Diego Business Journal: Best of the Bar, 2016
- 10/10 Rating on www.avvo.com
- Nevada, February 2004
- California, June 2004
- District of Columbia, 2022
Federal Court Licenses:
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, CA. Juris Doctor Cum Laude, January 2004
- Miami University, Oxford, OH. Bachelor of Arts, Communication, May 1996
Personal Notes and Associations
- Chair of Real Property Section, San Diego County Bar Association (2007-2009)
- San Diego Foundation, Scholarship Selection Committee (2007-2010)
- ICSC + U.S. Law National Convention Presenter (2023)
- California Real Estate Broker
- Private Pilot (SEL, SES, MEL)